[3830] CQWW CW OG50F(@OH1AF/OH1F) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OG50F(@OH1AF/OH1F) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:25:44 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OG50F
Operator(s): OH1MM, OH1NOA, OH1RX, OH1TM, OH3WW, OH5DX
Station: OH1AF/OH1F

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Pori
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  716    15       64
   80: 1583    30      112
   40: 1947    36      137
   20: 1189    35      129
   15:  236    25       84
   10:   56     4       22
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

(preliminary score)

We were celebrating our club's 50th anniversary by working CQWW for the first
time ever in the multi-multi class. Original plan was to be in M/2, but on
Friday evening we found out that we have 6 operators and 5 stations available,
so team decided to do M/M instead. And we had a lot of fun! It was fun even we
didn't have functional toilet or running water this time ...

We had some technical problems (with PCs, network and crappy 160m antenna etc.
- it is a miracle to work 64 qsos with an inv v feed point @24m), but we had
almost zero interference between stations, which is always nice. Score is
nothing to be proud of, but condx were also quite crappy for all band
operation. During the nighttime only 160 and 80 m were runnable. 20m was
pathetic, but what you do when the band is open only between 06-16z! 40m was
outstanding during the daytime - it was like running 15 meters during the
sunspot maximum: JAs started to come on early morning via short path, then
later at noon stateside was strong. When sun went down, band went also. On 80m
we were thrilled to work Alaska and Hawaiji. Our current antenna combination is
not really good for M/M as 40m and 20m main antennae are in the same tower and
pointing to same direction etc. We are trying to improve our antenna farm in
the future and hopwfully our club will be in the M/M class also in the future.

Our team included the core team of OH1AF/OH1F from the last 20 years plus a
skilled and cheerful guest operator Jouko, OH1RX. One member of our backup team
died during the contest - Mr. Mouse finally found our trap and is now SK.