[3830] CQWW CW K7GK(@K7ZSD) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K7GK(@K7ZSD) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 14:33:20 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K7GK
Operator(s): K7GK
Station: K7ZSD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:   73    16       27
   80:  205    28       56
   40:  649    33       94
   20:  654    33       92
   15:  129    19       38
   10:    4     3        3
------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Among several goals for the contest was trying to keep up with the best SOAB
scores on the West Coast. Last year my score was about 35% down from the top.
Looks like this year I've taken a step in the right direction, but fell short
of catching up completely. Congrats to K7RL on another fine score from the
North West and thanks to other West Coast ops for providing a great
competition.

Yet again I find low bands in better and high bands in worse shape compared
with last year. I didn't think 20 M opening to Europe can get any worse than it
was last year. I was wrong. Last year I had 85 QSOs to this year's 80. Not a
great decline, but a decline nonetheless. Need I mention 15?

Who knew you can get end up with more mults on 40 compared to 20 and almost the
same number of contacts?

In retrospect, I wish I ran more, particularly on 40 and had more energy and
mental capacity to do better with the second radio, especially on day two. On
the other hand I'm quite pleased to get to the 2 M mark in CQWW, a first for
me.

Many thanks to Brad and Ruth for hospitality and letting me play using a great
station.

Denis - K7GK