[3830] CQWW CW VE6WQ(@VE6JY) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joel.weiner@ualberta.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE6WQ(@VE6JY) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 20:04:04 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE6WQ
Operator(s): VE6WQ
Station: VE6JY

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Alberta
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:
   80:
   40: 1245    37      124
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1245    37      124  Total Score = 483,966

Club:

Comments:

Operating from VE6JY's superstation. Don is a great host. Equipment was an ICOM
IC756ProII and homebrew amp. Antennas were 5 ele at 160 ft, 3 ele at 120 ft and
his large log periodic fixed on the US. Conditions varied greatly over the
weekend but gradually improved as the solar wind calmed. The last few hours on
Sunday afternoon were really hot. Europe was difficult during the first few
hours and most activity was S+P but the band never closed to somewhere in the
world. The JA opening was poor on Saturday morning but much better on Sunday
morning. Daytime openings to Europe were often better then the evening
openings. With all my listening I heard 11 mults I couldn't work. Missed three
zones: 23, 34 and 36. Overall a fun weekend.