[3830] CQWW CW VU2PTT SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vu2ptt@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VU2PTT SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 06:20:59 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VU2PTT
Operator(s): VU2PTT
Station: VU2PTT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Bangalore MK82tx
Operating Time (hrs): 40.5

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  126    14       46
   40:  419    29       87
   20:  511    30       89
   15:  228    23       55
   10:    9     6        8
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

WOW, I enjoyed this contest, stayed in the chair for 40+ hours, not
too many QSOs, close to about 1300 and enjoyed some fine DX on 40 &
80m. Got carried away on 80m, especially since I am back on
this band seriously after several years. It was worth putting up the
80m antenna - a sort of horizontal + vertical zig-zag dipole on my
roof - and working VY2ZM the first night and W1KM at the very end of
the contest.

If any one has a recording of my signals on 80 and 40m I
would be keen to have it on my email vu2ptt@gmail.com

Started much better than previous years and at the end of day 1 had
close to 900 Qs - but poor conditions on 15m and 10m hampered the
numbers. 10m was actually open to EU, but not many listening there -
like NS3T said on radio-sport.net it certainly looked like a Low Band
affair.

Rig: Icom 746pro + SB-200 amp
Antennas: 10-15-20M Force 12 C3S @ 60',
          40m inverted Vee @ 55',
          80m zig-zag vertical dipole
Logging: N1MMLogger with MicroHAM MK II interface for CW & recording

Just have to figure out how to get a TopBand antenna into the mix
on my 28x35 feet roof and of course resist the temptation to get
carried away by juicy DX :)

Forced to work split - UP1 on 40 & 80m when running as the continuous
callers from EU were drowning out my reply as well as some of the
DX who were calling in with weak signals. By spreading them out a bit,
it was slightly easier but certainly not the best to separate out
signals. Riding the RF gain did not help as many EU callers were S9+.

I have recordings of all QSOs except the first hour, and can send it
to any one who is interested in hearing how they sounded here.

73 de Prasad VU2PTT