[3830] CQWW CW K8AZ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tlee@taftlaw.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8AZ M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 09:15:05 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K8AZ
Operator(s): K8AZ,K8NZ,K8PP,KQ8M,N8TR,ND8L,W8CAR,WB8K,WT8C
Station: K8AZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   85    20       69
   80:  467    30      115
   40:  949    34      126
   20: 1335    34      138
   15:  126    27       86
   10:   13     9       12
------------------------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Congratulations to the guys at W2FU, W3UA, KT3Y and K9RS.  Fun weekend,
especially at night -- and this contest we celebrated the return (from FL) of
stalwart crew member K8NZ.  Definitely the best 160m and 80m conditions we've
ever experienced at K8AZ.  On the other hand, 40m went long shortly after 0z
both nights, with bent-path propogation the only useful mode to EU.
(Curiously, the propagation returned to normal path after EU sunrise, and the
band stayed open to EU until after 10z.  I actually heard JAs CQing -- direct
path -- at 2 pm local on Sunday).  10m and 15m were both a big struggle, and
(of course) 20m was simply a zoo during the daylight hours.

73,
Tom, K8AZ