[3830] CQWW CW TM2Y(@F6BEE) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, f6bee@cqww.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW TM2Y(@F6BEE) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 16:27:28 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: TM2Y
Operator(s): F5JSD, F5MZN, F6BEE, F6FGZ, F6FVY, F6IFY, F8CRH
Station: F6BEE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JN08FU
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  381    20       76
   80:  697    31      109
   40: 1435    36      137
   20: 1641    37      137
   15:  281    29      103
   10:   41     8       22
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

We did quite well during the first third of the contest. Then the snow fall
during the 2nd night made 40m band sound a bit strange and quiet.
Some nice and rather unusual DX (for us) worked on the low bands:
- N7UA on 160 in the first night. Fortunately for us the opening lasted more
than 10 minutes as we justed switched mult band when I discovered him with a
big signal. Easily worked VR2PX in the last hours of the contest but B5TT never
came back around the same time.
- KH6LC on 80m at our SR on Sunday morning. Weak.
- Missed the QSO with KL7WV - Zone 01 on 40m. He was spotted but was too weak
to call.
- We never worked zones 01 and 34 on any band.
- The words are missing to qualify 10m ...

After operating our dearest CQ WW DX CW as S/All from West Africa in the past 4
years, I used to know the very bad behavior of European guys (no, those are not
operators). It sounds even worse from this side and it is often impossible to
get a confirmation of QSO.

We have been very honored to have both Olivier F5MZN and Laurent F6FVY, the
authors of the now world famous Win-Test logging S/W, as operators. Of course
we used WT, with the same release from end to end of the contest and not even
the latest or a future one!
Also it was the first time we had the same radios on all run and mult
stations:
5 x K3-100.
As there were some strong winds mid November, we had to fix the 5el-15m yagi
the week-end before the contest and also the big 6el-10m had to be taken down
on thursday. It was worth fixing this one to work 41 Q on this band, unless we
worked most of them on the other beam, a 5el at 26m. Who knows ?

Come back sunspots !

Thank you for the QSOs and multipliers, congratulations to our many European
M/S competitors.

73 de Jacques, F6BEE (sometimes 6W1RW)