[3830] CQWW CW ZS4TX(@ZS9X) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bernie@cmsbfn.co.za
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ZS4TX(@ZS9X) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 13:25:32 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZS4TX
Operator(s): ZS4TX
Station: ZS9X

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Bloemfontein
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:    5     4        5
   80:  229    20       55
   40:  624    29       77
   20:  829    30       94
   15: 1933    30      106
   10:  352    17       56
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Prime operating hours were lost as a result of storms and lightning.  Had to run
the station on a generator for the full duration of the contest because of a
mains supply failure to the area around ZS9X.

10m was wide open to parts of EU for at least 5 hours each day but not many
people monitoring that band currently!  A surprise 10m opening to NA and SA
around 15Z helped the mult total a bit. Real pity that mostly only the big MM
stations were active there.

15m Was again the bread and butter band with good signals from all over while
20m was as frustrating as ever with big signals from most callers and being
heard over the pile ups became very difficult on Sunday.  Like on 20m I had to
repeat calls several times on 40m before the "real" caller came back with a
report.

80m showed promise with good signals from EU, NA and ASIA while the highlight
was surely OX5AA calling me almost an hour after my sunrise  at the end of my
morning opening run.

160m was useless as a result of the thunderstorms.  Even the local ZS stations
were almost unworkable.

See you in 2009

Bernie