[3830] CQWW CW TC4X(OH2PM) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pertti.simovaara@pp1.inet.fi
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW TC4X(OH2PM) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 15:23:09 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: TC4X
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: TC4X

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: ALANYA
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:
   80:
   40: 2819    37      140
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

It was a great contest. I have never before enjoyed a single-band contest as
much as at this time. Although single band operation can never be as
fascinating and exciting as all band operation with the timing of band changes
and multiplier transfers. Funny enough, at times I awoke accepting single band
as my future after all those 50 years of contesting, hopefully it was just a
nightmare.

One thing has been again proven, you go 2500 km south and you do the same or
even better with a roof top inverted V dipole than at home with a 3el full size
yagi at 36m. It is raising a question whether there was any steel in the
concrete because the dipole worked astoundingly well. However I was expecting
at least 500 W-qsos insteand of some 200 tha are in the log. It is hard to say
if the reason was in between of my ears or shorcome of the antenna. I heard a
few more multipliers but could not hear in the qrm if they came back to me.
During the second day I got only 19 new mutipliers and just half of the first
day's qso count. Martti, OH2BH, who was operating 80m some 40 km away blaimed
me for spending too much time in foam bath. (Envious, poor OM, he did not even
have hot water in his QTH). Well, there are many ways of enjoying contestig,
especially when you have pain in the legs after assisting your travel companion
to get contest antenna up.

In the beginning of the week the weather in souther Turkey by the Mediterranean
was awfull, rain, storm and flashes of lightings. Towards the contest week end
the WX improved, it was like the best summer days back home. Only for a short
period I suffered from QRN created by a distaant thunderstorm.
Thanks to all who called me and whom I could hear. See you in the next contest
who knows from where.

Pertti, OH2PM/OG2P operator of TC4X