[3830] ARRL 160 KB7Q Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gene@geneshea.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KB7Q Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 05:15:03 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KB7Q
Operator(s): KB7Q
Station: KB7Q

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Montana
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1120  Sections = 77  Countries = 5  Total Score = 185,402

Club: Northern Rockies DX Association

Comments:

A front was rolling through Montana, so I appeased the wind gods by spending
Thursday up at the cabin rigging a poor approximation of an inverted 'L'. It
turns out I was just able to fly the balloon vertical and keep it out of the
trees. Friday night was great with 800 contacts and all States except for
Alaska; Saturday was a slog, but I enjoyed seeing just how good the K3's
receiver really is. The 400 Hz roofing filter is amazing! About the same number
of contacts as last year, but multipliers were down. My score should be good
enough to make the low power top ten with the balloon vertical for the forth
year in a row - probably a tribute to the 80 1/4w ground radials out there
under the snow!