[3830] ARRL 160 AH8DX/W7 Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ah8dx@msn.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 AH8DX/W7 Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 08:35:54 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: AH8DX/W7
Operator(s): AH8DX
Station: AH8DX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 10

Total:  QSOs = 96  Sections = 23  Countries = 0  Total Score = 5,103

Club:

Comments:

RIG: Icom IC-7000 with LDG AT-7000 Tuner
PWR: 100w
TX ANT: 25' Low Inverted L Using Military Mast
Radials: One 120' Radial
SWR: Flat 1:1 Across Entire Band, No Matching Network At Base
RX ANT: NONE

I was only able to put 10 hrs of operating in. Friday morning I spent about 15
minutes putting up 25' of military mast with about 120' of wire pointing
towards the east. My city lot did not have the room for all of the wire so I
just turned the military mast and wound excess wire until there was no sag in
the wire. I had No noise and heard well. My 100 watts just could not make it
into many logs east of Ohio. It appeared like a domestic contest with not much
DX heard. Sunday morning I tried forever to call JA3YBK but to no avail. He was
10db above s9 at my sunrise. My little IC-7000 is a great little radio and does
well against the best transceivers out there.

Thanks to all that made it into my log. QSO's will be on LOTW. If you need a
confirmed LOTW qso for FS/AH8DX, 8R1EA and PJ7/AH8DX; all logs are uploaded.

Craig, AH8DX & 8R1EA