[3830] ARRL 160 WA6L Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa6l@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WA6L Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 11:19:36 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WA6L
Operator(s): WA6L
Station: WA6L

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 102  Sections = 28  Countries = 2  Total Score = 5,796

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rigs:  Split between K2 and K3 @ 5 watts
Antenna:  Loaded sloper off tower
Software:  Writelog

I had a great time and worked a lot of familiar calls here in CA.  I also heard
plenty of stations as far away as the East Coast, but they all pretended that
they couldn't hear my 5W signal.  I did get as far as Georgia once, and had a
"DX" contact with XE2S.

I split the time between my K2 and the K3 @ 5 watts.  As much as I love the K3,
I have to say that the K2's DSP does a much better job with noise reduction.
The K2 drops the noise by several S-Units.  The K3 does the same, but also
drops the signal by the same amount.

I hope to see everyone's call next weekend, where we go from the very long
wavelength to the very short and try our luck on 10M.

73,

John, WA6L