[3830] ARRL 160 WB8JUI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, therickman@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WB8JUI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 12:31:44 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WB8JUI
Operator(s): WB8JUI
Station: WB8JUI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bellevue, Ohio
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 885  Sections = 70  Countries = 9  Total Score = 141,963

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

A very wise man (Julius N2WN) told me this contest would come down to multiplier
count.  In retrospect I should have heeded his advice...  After a first hour S&P
QSO total of 94, I became obsessed with QSO count and elected not to spend time
in the massive European pile-ups.  That was a decision I later regretted, as
those Europeans became very scarce and I became very tired as the contest
progressed.  Cat naps turned into extended hours of sleep.

My QSO count was up 7% over last year, but my total score was down 5.5%.  A lot
of the "EASY" multipliers (PR, AK, WY, LAX, SB, SDG, as well as half of Canada)
were missing from my log this year.  I worked Dwayne KD4POJ in ND during the
TARA RTTY contest Saturday afternoon and told him I'd be looking for him on 160
later that night.  Dwayne gave me the bad news that he probably wouldn't be
playing Saturday night.  I thought that was it for ND, but Dennis NT0V saved
the day by answering my CQ with 9 minutes left in the contest.

It's always a pleasure to work old friends in this contest.  Nice to see quite
a few new calls this year.

Thanks to all for the QSOs and CU all later this month in the Stew!

73 - Rick WB8JUI