[3830] ARRL 160 K7TJR M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7tjr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K7TJR M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 13:49:48 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7TJR
Operator(s): K7TJR K7ZUM
Station: K7TJR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 971  Sections = 76  Countries = 9  Total Score = 177,565

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

It was very disappointing as the earlier great conditions of the Pacific NW were
gone for this contest. I was going to kick some butt over the pole hope fully
like N7UA did in CQWW. Oh well. We listened a lot for something South to show
up and a single XE was about it. The FM5 was the farthest East we were able to
hear. I thought I heard one EU calling once but cannot be sure it might have
been the LowPower VE9. I usually hear a few ZL/VK but not a single one this
year. We called a BU2 for quite some time before giving up and moving on. The
JA section showed up fairly well at 39 in the log. Several KH6 and KL7 stations
showed up again this year with big signals. It was a good thing I built the
second 8 element RX array this year as the old one failed afer the first few
hours after being used for several years. A miserable low level power line
noise showed up right on boresight East which made copy difficult at times. All
in all the best ARRL 160 from Here. It sure was nice to have Ken K7ZUM here this
year as there was no snow to travel through in the mountains to get here this
year. Also,it was great to hear the 5K0,J3 and especially the UA0 and RW0
stations this year. I sure dont know if I can put up the 80 acres of RX
antennas again next year. That is a lot of work to just tear down in the spring
and start all over again next year,turned 65 this year, sigh. Yes, I will be all
excited again next year I am sure.
     Oh, and if I could get all the hams in the Pacific/Asia area to get on 160
I would give some of you East coast guys a run for your money Hi Hi!
   Thanks guys,   Lee  K7TJR OR