[3830] ARRL 160 WX7G Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WX7G Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:33:53 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WX7G
Operator(s): WX7G
Station: WX7G

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Utah
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 409  Sections = 69  Countries = 3  Total Score = 57,132

Club:

Comments:

Having recently moved to the Salt Lake area I couldn't noticing what a great top
band QTH the Great Salt Lake would make. With the car parked on the road between
the mainland and Stansbury Island, a 36" helium balloon lifted 132 feet #26 of
wire into the sky. The lake served as a rather nice GND with miles of very
salty water in most directions. No radials; just a copper pipe pounded into the
sand a couple of feet from shore. Hooked to a Yaesu FT-450 and the determination
borne of years of flailing away with small suburban antennas I managed two all
nighters (well, there was a 45 minute nap the second nite). 300+ Q's the first
nite followed by 100 the second. That was along second nite. Thanks to all for
working to pull my weak signal out of the noise. I'll be back next year with an
even better antenna and maybe a real contest radio.