[3830] ARRL 160 W6SJ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 W6SJ Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 23:24:29 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W6SJ
Operator(s): W6SJ
Station: W6SJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ORG
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 162  Sections = 57  Countries = 5  Total Score = 18,981

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was able to be on for only about 6 hours on Saturday night and made 162
contacts. I wasn't interested in QSO total as I really hoped to pick up the 4
NE states I need for WAS. Managed ME and MA, two new states and still need RI
and VT.  49 Q's were CA, 3 DX (P40, RW0, XE). Only 5 Q's were W1, W2, and W3.
Another 30 east of  the Mississippi River, and the rest somewhere in the middle
to west of the country.  Calling CQ only got responses from CA stns so mostly
S&P.

I felt good about finding 57 sections in my limited time. Amazingly, no LA or
OK.  I think it would have been possible to get 57 sections with 57 contacts!

I could not hear most of the east coast stations that were on the other side of
a QSO from whomever I heard.  One knows that recieving antenna are important but
this sure brought that forcefully home. I'm sure that there were dozens of
stations that were madly calling in W1, W2, and W3 and who couldn't hear us
just as there were a ton of W6's and W7s calling out here and having trouble
raising those guys.