[3830] ARRL 160 KG4IGC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg4igc@sc.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KG4IGC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 15:45:39 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 2.95

Total:  QSOs = 34  Sections = 21  Countries = 0  Total Score = 1,428

Club: Low Country Contest Club

Comments:

Not much of a score but as they say, every little bit helps!:) Of course, as
expected, Murphy decided to pay a visit at ARS KG4IGC as well. My W4tww
inverted L has apparently bit the dust, SWR of 25:1 on the low end of the band.
I suspect corrosion, as the antenna was on the ground for awhile and plus the
coax used was very old. I managed to get my three 88 foot zepps to tune for 160
so that is how I got to play in the test. I had a really good time despite the
problems and plan to build a new w4tww as soon as I can afford new coax.

Cheers and 73,
Frank KG4igc