[3830] CQWW CW G0CKV SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, olof@rowanhouse.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW G0CKV SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 17:18:37 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G0CKV
Operator(s): G0CKV
Station: G0CKV

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: London, UK
Operating Time (hrs): 28h

  160:
   80:
   40:  809    32      122
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

This was almost totally a S&P effort, relaxed but focused. I tried a couple of
times on Sunday to call CQs but it didnâ??t take long before someone loud just
stepped on me pretending I wasnâ??t there.

The click and shout cluster mob (the guys who spent so much money on the amp
that they couldnâ??t afford a receiver or a new hearing aid?) was sadly
seriously ill behaved on Sunday. With better managed pile-ups I might have done
another few zones and countries. Among those I heard well but couldnâ??t catch
were OD5NJ, TK5EP, VU2s PTT and PAI, C98LW, 5X1AB, 9K2HN and AH2R.

I had nevertheless great fun and I have to be more than satisfied with 800q,
32z and 122c with low power and a temporary wet string in suburban London.

With the exception of that click and shout cluster mob and some of those overly
aggressive big guns I find the vast majority of operators pleasant, fast and
skilful.

The bottom line: A quite enjoyable contest and the conditions must have been
pretty good on 40.