[3830] ARRL 10 N9TF SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gene_n9tf@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N9TF SO CW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:35:20 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

   CW:  91     21
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  91     21  Total Score = 7,644

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

WOW! for a while there I thought I was in a VHF contest! Felt like I should be
exchanging grid squares for as many IL stations I worked, but I'm glad they
were there.
Popped in and out of the shack for 30 minutes here and 60 minutes there. The
longest chair time was Sunday morning when conditions woke up some to the east,
southeast and south. I actually had a mini run going from NC! Not bad for Qrp. I
wanted to stay in the chair longer, but at 11:30AM local time, the outside temp
hit 45 degrees, and I needed to get out and get a 5 mile run in. (My other
hobby) By the time I got back in the shack, signals were quite a bit more
attenuated, and I only made a couple of more runs to the shack after that.
It was nice to hear a few stations booming in from CO the last 15 minutes of
the contest for me.
Bettered my Qrp score from last year by almost double. Lets see if that holds
up for another IL certificate!
Lets hope we get some more sun spots before next years event!

73 Gene N9TF Station conditions: TS-2000 at 5 watts, MA5B at 37 feet.