[3830] OK RTTY K4GMH SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] OK RTTY K4GMH SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 06:18:28 -0800
                    OK DX RTTY Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   80:  190   777      24        18
   40:  436  2136      53        27
   20:  451   815      49        36
   15:   11    13       5         0
   10:    0     0       0         0
--------------------------------------
Total: 1088  3741     131        81  Total Score = 793,092

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

That was fun!  Thanks to all who were kind enough to work me.

Worked/heard a number of first time stations (to me anyway)which
is great for RTTY and RTTY contesting.

The bands were what they are in this continued Sun Spot minimum.  Eighty, forty
and twenty meters had good activity which helped make up for the lack of
propagation on fifteen and ten meters.  Eighty and forty were more noisy than
in the TARA RTTY Contest probably due to the local weather.  Fifteen still
produced several contacts including ZL1BYZ.

Forty surprises me at how late in the morning (LT) it is still open to Europe
from the East Coast of USA.  Also, in the afternoon how strong the New Zealand
and Australia stations are, VK6DU - one of the stations this Contest.  Contests
that emphasize 40 and 80 operation, like this one, may have something to do with
it.

Merry Christmas, and a happy and prosperous 2009.

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH