[3830] RAC Winter VE6CNU SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE6CNU SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:19:16 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE6CNU
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6CNU

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:
   80:   42     49       8         6
   40:   98     28       6         7
   20:  211    318       9        10
   15:   38     11       5         2
   10:    1      1       1         1
    6:
    2:           1                 1
Total:  390    408      29        27  Total Score = 232,176

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

This was my first time running "power" with my little FL-7000 amp in the low
setting (about 400W).  It seemed that I was heard better than I was hearing, so
I guess the amp did it's job.  Last year I made about 40,000 points less and I
think the conditions were about the same, so I'm pleased with the effort.
Only, my 160m antenna is not working and my 80m antenna doesn't always want to
load up.  More things to work on when it warms up.

Over all, the condx were VERY QSB and I wish people would clue into this.
There is no need to send "NR" before sending the serial number or even leading
zeros as by then the number faded out!  I must have lost 100 QSOs this way.
Still, the contest was fun and seemed to run at a fairly relaxed pace.  I
didn't think I would work any VE8s until about the second last hour, I ended up
working two!  Not a peep from YT or NU over here.

Learning to contest at the bottom of the cycle has to be good for something and
I keep waiting for things to get better!  Thanks to all those who stuck it out
through the deep fades and hope to see you all next time.

Jerry
VE6CNU

Rig:  FT-1000MP
Amp:  FL-7000