[3830] RAC Winter VE4EAR SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE4EAR SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:58:55 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:          17                 5
   80:          51                 9
   40:         140                 9
   20:         414                11
   15:           2                 1
   10:         116                 2
    6:           6                 1
    2:           0                 0
Total:   0     746       0        38  Total Score = 136,116

Club:

Comments:

A surprise 10 and 6m opening Friday night made up for the horrible conditions on
80 and 40m. Unfortunately most of the folks enjoying the sporadic E's were not
aware of the contest so had to be coaxed through the exchange.

20m seemed OK but not spectacular. A very short opening to EU Saturday morning
was about it for DX.

Nice to work so many friends and familiar callsigns again. Fell short of my
goal of 850 Q's and 150K points but didn't put the full time in either.
Afterall I had to take a break to shovel the walk and driveway for company
visiting. Almost 200 Q's more than last year that I attribute to better
antennas, a beam really does help!

Thanks for all the Q's and best wishes for a great New Year.

73

Ed