[3830] TBDC K4TD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rnwalker@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC K4TD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:02:56 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K4TD
Operator(s): K4TD
Station: K4TD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

Total:  QSOs = 470  Total Score = 2,040

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

First, thanks for all the QSO's.  The QRN level from the passing front made for
many, many more repeats than I would have liked.  The closer the front got to
my QTH, the more I had to take breaks to rest my ears.  During a break I read
over my post from last year, and it seems we had WX problems then also.
Perhaps next year we can get a break from the winter thunderstorms and have a
little more fun.

Signals from EU were initially weak here, but then conditions changed for the
better.  After the band changed, I was hearing EU's calling me who had fairly
good signal levels.  My biggest disappointment in this event was the small
number of stations worked from the Pacific Northwest and California.  I seem to
have a pretty good pipeline to that geographical area and work tons of stations
from there during other 160M contests.  I was hoping to convert that scenario
into a slight advantage for this event, but such was not destined to be the
case.

The 00Z hour saw the first EU go into the log (SP4K), a call from TF3KX (this
is new country on 160 for me), and a call from SV3RF (my best DX till the JA
opening started).  The 04Z hour was also good to me with several back-to-back
EU contacts going into the log.  The 10Z hour turned out to be great as JA3EMU
was the first of several JA's worked then.  It sure felt good to see those 20
pointers going into the log.  The 11Z hour seemed to drag on FOREVER so I
decided to pull the plug and hit the sack.  I'm sure I left some points on the
table as a consequence, but the toothpicks kept breaking under the strain from
my eyelids...  General statistics are provided below for any who are
interested.

This is a great event; I really enjoy working a contest where actual distance
covered is what translates into points.  My thanks to the organizers for
pulling this together.  See you next year!

73,

Rick
K4TD

------------------------

K4TD
QSOs (with dupes) - By time

! Hr !      160 !   Total  !
!    !       CW !          !
----------------------------
! 15 !          !          !
! 16 !          !          !
! 17 !          !          !
! 18 !          !          !
! 19 !          !          !
! 20 !          !          !
! 21 !          !          !
! 22 !       69 !       69 !
! 23 !       17 !       17 !
! 00 !       79 !       79 !
! 01 !       29 !       29 !
! 02 !       52 !       52 !
! 03 !       71 !       71 !
! 04 !        6 !        6 !
! 05 !       51 !       51 !
! 06 !       17 !       17 !
! 07 !       29 !       29 !
! 08 !       19 !       19 !
! 09 !        4 !        4 !
! 10 !       22 !       22 !
! 11 !       13 !       13 !
! 12 !          !          !
! 13 !          !          !
! 14 !          !          !
! 15 !          !          !
----------------------------
!    !      478 !      478 !

K4TD
Avg. points/QSO - By time

! Hr !          !
-----------------
! 15 !          !
! 16 !          !
! 17 !          !
! 18 !          !
! 19 !          !
! 20 !          !
! 21 !          !
! 22 !        2 !
! 23 !        1 !
! 00 !        4 !
! 01 !        5 !
! 02 !        4 !
! 03 !        4 !
! 04 !       12 !
! 05 !        4 !
! 06 !        2 !
! 07 !        7 !
! 08 !        3 !
! 09 !        4 !
! 10 !        6 !
! 11 !        3 !
! 12 !          !
! 13 !          !
! 14 !          !
! 15 !          !

K4TD - Continents

!   EU   !   NA   !   SA   !   AF   !   AS   !   OC   !
!   7.5% !  90.8% !   0.4% !        !   0.8% !   0.4% !