[3830] TBDC W4EF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4EF@dellroy.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W4EF Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 02:45:51 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W4EF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 2:45

Total:  QSOs = 77  Total Score = 351

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: FT1K MK5 / Alpha 91B / N1MM

Antenna: 60' high inverted-L and as many odd radials as can be squeezed around
a house on a 5000sqft city lot.

I was tied up all day working on an antenna project away from my home QTH, so
by the time I got home, rested up, and fed, it was pretty late (my 1st QSO was
at 07:13 UTC). I was still pretty tired, so I decided that I would just do a
little search and pounce for a while then head back to bed. Went QRT at 08:35
and then got back up at 13:30 and did more S&P until the end. Best points were
CE1/K7CA and 2 JA's (JA3YBK and JH4UYB) at 18 points each. A close 2nd and the
highlight of my effort was finding and working EI2CN at his sunrise. Also
worked KV4, HQ9, and KH6. Heard OA4TT CQing and later answering people, but
couldn't connect.

Always great fun making a few QSOs on topband.

73, Mike W4EF........