[3830] TBDC W7RH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, midnight18@cox.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC W7RH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 13:00:13 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W7RH
Operator(s): W7RH
Station: W7RH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 249  Total Score = 1,217

Club:

Comments:

Greetings Guys,
A new contest for me as it falls on traditional family weekend. (Anniversary)
However, I had to plow my way into the Northern Arizona Ranch through 2 feet of
multi-layer glazed Ice and snow. The old trailer is darned cold at 5 degrees F.

By measure the DX activity was good. Heard at least 2 dozen Eu stations that
got my attention but no response from my 100W. All things considered I'm happy
having worked EU, CA, SA and Asia in this test.

I am begining to think I'm jinxed. While taking mandatory break Saturday
morning I noticed the screen saver came on (not configured) the control-logging
computer. A quick check revealed a lock up and I rebooted. One contact later it
locked again for the duration. With no antenna switching, logging or keyer the
contest came to end for me at 12:41 Z. The band was wide open to Asia :( Yeah
it's Windows but believe hardware failure to be the cause.

I had fun. My wife claims that I'm insane. My bank account is drained. There is
next year!

73-----HNY

Bob, W7RH