[3830] RTTY Roundup NN6NN(@W6XK) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup NN6NN(@W6XK) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 16:35:34 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: NN6NN
Operator(s): W6XK N6EE
Station: W6XK

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

------------
   80:  166
   40:  262
   20:  536
   15:  184
   10:    0
------------
Total: 1148  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 41  Total Score = 113,652

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Murphy hit big time before and during the contest.  We went through four
computers (yes, FOUR!), a high power antenna tuner, and my Buick Riviera (don't
ask!).  Wound up losing 6.5 hours.

In addition, Writelog with MMTTY kept hanging up or dropping out and would then
come back to life just as mysteriously.  It wasn't likely to be RF (never had
had an RFI problem in over five years of contesting at this QTH),  and it
didn't appear to be Writelog saving to the hard drive.  We finally found that
clicking on any window other than the ENTRY window, then returning to the ENTRY
window would unfreeze or resume transmitting.  Our sincere apologies to the many
stations who did not get a confirmation from us - only a dead carrier of a brief
on/off carrier or nothing but diddles.  we pulled our hair out on this one -
well, Chet pulled his hair out - Ron doesn't have any left to extract ) We
rebooted numerous times to no avail.   Very puzzling and frustrating.

Thanks for all the Q's.  See you in the next contest.
73,
Ron N6EE and Chet W6XK