[3830] RTTY Roundup W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W1UE(@W1KM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:06:15 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  382
   40:  736
   20:  869
   15:  224
   10:    0
------------
Total: 2211  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 70  Total Score = 283,008

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Contest started slowly; 20M was pretty much closed to Europe, making it SS-like.
At one point Saturday, I was 150Qs off last years pace.  I kept at it, narrowing
the gap before I took my first off time at 0800Z.  20M opened to Europe just
before 1200Z, and 15M opened to Europe somewhat about 1400Z.  Luckily, 2 JAs
called me on 40M Saturday afternoon; even though I tuned 20M at the right time,
I never heard another JA all weekend.  15M had a reasonable opening to the US on
Sunday; CO stations, in particular, were wicked loud.  I finally caught last
year's Q total in the 1900Z hour, and wound up 63 Qs and 1 mult ahead of last
year.  One of my other objectives was work to work all 50 states, and a very
watery NL7V answered a CQ on 20M for my last state.

Thanks to the sponsors for the 24 hours of fun, and thanks to everyone for the
Qs!

Dennis W1UE