[3830] RTTY Roundup NZ1U(@KB1H) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup NZ1U(@KB1H) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:45:15 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: NZ1U
Operator(s): KB1H W1UJ KB1NRB
Station: KB1H

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:
   40:   17
   20:  161
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  178  State/Prov = 40  Countries = 15  Total Score = 9,790

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Probably the first time we have tried the RTTY
mode here at NZ1U. Using a MicroHam MK2R+ for
the SO2R setup sure complicates the configuration.
At least 6 hours were lost due to operator error
or lack of knowledge of the so many screens that
need to be adjusted. I (KB1H) apologize for the
many calls that we made and we were not sending
the correct transmit shift. Told again and
again we could not find how to correct the
problem. When we did discover at least hardware
wise how to change the shift it was so late in
the morning we had to quit to go to sleep.

The last two hours were done by W1UJ running the
station remotely from his QTH which increased our
QSO total twofold!

When we figure out how to run all this stuff it
should be fun. Hopefully by September for the CQWW
RTTY contest.

Again, thanks for all the QSOs and apology for
the problems we caused some of you.