[3830] RTTY Roundup WB2COY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb2coy@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup WB2COY Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 18:30:15 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: WB2COY
Operator(s): BOB-WB2COY
Station: WB2COY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ENY
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
   80:   27
   40:   57
   20:  158
   15:    6
   10:
------------
Total:  248  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 21  Total Score = 16,368

Club:

Comments:

Having a great time as a casual contester on RTTY since getting active again
after a long hiatus. Last contest before 2007 was in 1978! Back then it was
'heavy metal' and hunt and peck typing on green keys. Can't imagine how I did
it before the new rigs with the fancy filtering.

Having all this fun with 50 watts out and wire antennas strung in the trees.
The old tri-bander (still on the old tower) is missing a third of it's elements
as the trees grew up around it over the years.

I learn a little more with each contest, honing my skills and modifying my
macros to stay in the good graces of the 'big guns'. So far, I am in it to be a
giver of points, but maybe someday I'll switch that S&P'ing to CQ'ing to see
what that is like.

I've been a ham through several sunspot cycles, so I know what it can be like
when they are around.... can't wait for the next one!

Bob
WB2COY