[3830] NAQP CW K0TG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K0TG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 10:49:00 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K0TG
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: K0TG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 4:17

  160:
   80:   76    31
   40:   54    24
   20:   68    23
   15:    6     2
   10:
-------------------
Total:  204    80  Total Score = 16,320

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Team: MWA #5

Comments:

I was planning on 4-6 hours and was able to get 4:17 in.  We had a "thing" to go
to in the evening and I was hoping to get back for the last hour, but that did
not work out.

There sure were a lot of stations using the name Val.  Not sure who that was
for.

Cal (Kid) K0DXC.  Those extra radials were working fine.  You had a nice signal
when I worked you on 80.  Great job too!

There were comments about QSB on 80.  I noticed that too.  I did not make
specific note about it, but it may have been more of an issue for signals to
the west of us, but not consistently all of them.  Some would take quick deep
fades on 80.  Generally the band was in pretty good shape it seemed.

I was working S&P on 80 and had just worked a station.  He said TU with my call
wrong so I called to correct him.  Well Dan, K0TI was calling him then.  Sure
made for a confusing moment.  I hope he got that changed.  I think he did.  The
bright spot was that I found a spot up a couple KHz and called CQ.  Dan found me
so grabbed another QSO out of that.  It turned out to be a good run freq too!  I
think I worked another 40 stations or so there.  It was just no good CQing on 20
and 15.  I could work stuff just fine, but no takers on those bands.  Seems to
be the norm these days.

TNX for the QSO's.

73, John  K0TG