[3830] NAQP CW N1SNB Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N1SNB Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 14:06:30 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N1SNB
Operator(s): N1SNB
Station: N1SNB

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   24     9
   80:  171    37
   40:   42    14
   20:  136    35
   15:   44    14
   10:    6     4
-------------------
Total:  423   113  Total Score = 47,779

Club:

Team: QRP Rocks

Comments:

Fun contest.  Dale, WC7S invited me to join his team in the 11th hour.  I hadn't
planned on running QRP, but what the heck?

I don't know how QRP'ers do it and I would be remiss without thanking the many
great ops that copied my small signal.

I really blew it with my off time - as I breaked for 2 hours right in the
middle of the contest and surely missed many easy mults on 40.
When I finally got to 40 everybody was weak and the band was long - California
was loud while PA was inaudible.  Pretty strange.

Some highlights:  working CA QRP on 80 meters. Having NS, NB, PEI call in on
15.  I was also able to do a little running on 20 and 80 with the qrp setup -
although when challenged, of course, I could not hold a frequency.

Low lights:  No 15m? I could work everyone I could hear, but it seemed most
folks didn't try 15 at all.    I don't think I had any 6 band or 5 band QSOs.
K4TD and K1DG on four bands each.

I've been on and off active for the last 14 years and one observation I have is
that a significant proportion of the calls I worked I remember working back when
I first started, not to many new "big gun" stations on the air.

73 jeff n1snb jdemers@wakefly.com