[3830] NRAU-Baltic SSB ES2MC HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NRAU-Baltic SSB ES2MC HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 03:26:13 -0800
                    NRAU-Baltic Contest, SSB

Call: ES2MC
Operator(s): ES2MC
Station: ES2MC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: nr Tallinn
Operating Time (hrs): 2

   80:  132    69
   40:   58    40
-------------------
Total:  190   109  Total Score = 41,420

Club: Tartu Contest Team

Comments:

The phone part went reasonably well, 80m even surprisingly well. In spite of the
QRM on 80m lower phone section I managed to copy stations using my 2 beverages
in addition to the TX antenna (just an inv vee), I guess that gave a bit of
extra. As no 2nd radio, then did just one band change (80 > 40), unfortunately
lost ca 6-7 minutes with it, as the PA automatic protection worked a few times
in the row and my transmitting was not starting. 40m was modest as usual, but
more local propagation in the day-time helped to do a bit better than in
cw-part. Generally I am quite pleased with my score, not loosing to ES5TV too
much... :)

CU around!

73, Arvo