[3830] CQ160 CW K7RAT(N6TR) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tree@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K7RAT(N6TR) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 08:11:08 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K7RAT
Operator(s): N6TR
Station: N6TR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1402  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 69  Total Score = 713,613

Club: Boring ARC

Comments:

Wow!  155 JA QSOs + 139 Europeans (okay - probably about 10 dupes for each).

This was the contest I have always been dreaming of - and it finally all came
together.  Time to go stare at my transmit antenna and just shake my head (an
80 foot tower - gamma matched).  The beverages all did their job - and the K3
with diversity reception was great.

Had a great run into Europe on the second night.  The only two mults I heard in
Europe that got away were E7DX (who almost had my call once) and ER0ER who never
heard me at all.  I think I called E7DX and YU1LA about 600 times each.

Great to be called by EL2DX, OA4TT, BU2AI, ZL1AZE, VK3OI, HK3O, DS1REE, PY5EW
and at the very end of my on time, YC2EUZ.  F8BPN finally made it into the log
for a new state for Mau!!

I have a hunch all of the scores are really inflated - but I will go to sleep
now hoping I can hang onto a spot in the top ten.