[3830] CQ160 CW VE3MGY Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, VY2MGY@SYMPATICO.CA
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE3MGY Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 09:14:11 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE3MGY
Operator(s): VE3MGY
Station: VE3MGY

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: ONTARIO
Operating Time (hrs): ~15

Total:  QSOs = 525  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 15  Total Score = 162,370

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Just a part time effort due to other commitments this weekend so I went QRP/p
to see how the new TX vertical is "really" working and subsequently I have
absolutely no complaints. Who ever says you need a KW [ or more ] to DX on 160
is very, very wrong. The band was extremely quiet [ S1 - S2 on the vertical ]
all weekend. NA,SA and EU were 20/9 to 30/9 at times - it sounded like 20M
Friday night. The biggest problem was breaking the pile ups [ this would be
where a KW would help ] but one on one a few watts made it through Q5 on the
first call. There was some real exotic propagation going on as well with little
or no loss on some signals. More than just E/F valley ducting this weekend. Nice
to hear all the CCO stations on the air - even some VE3 calls I haven't worked
on 160 before made it into the log.

Tnx fr all the Q's.

73
Brian