[3830] CQ160 CW W8FT Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad8p@wcoil.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W8FT Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:10:32 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W8FT
Operator(s): AD8P, N8ET
Station: W8FT

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1156  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 62  Total Score = 430,920

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Oh where oh where is Wyoming? Oh where oh where can it be?

We entered the contest to fulfill a local club challenge....see who can get the
Triple Play Award first. The digital, SSB, or CW guys in the club. We spent zero
time in preparation except to see we had one transmit antenna and zero receive
antennas working. We ended up receiving on an 18AVQ about 30 feet in the air
and it didn't do such a bad job.

We did fairly well but I imagine those who prepared well did amazingly great.

I will be looking forward to all the great scores being posted and the stories
behind them.

Bill AD8P