[3830] CQ160 CW W8JI(VE7ZO) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve7zo@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W8JI(VE7ZO) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:18:45 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W8JI
Operator(s): VE7ZO
Station: W8JI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 30
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 1950  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 83  Total Score = 1,314,778

Club:

Comments:

Well, another great experience on 160M at the W8JI superstation.  Last year I
participated a CQ 160 multi operation from Tomâ??s and then the ARRL 160 but
getting re-acquainted with the station tools and their proper management still
takes me all weekend with much left to learn at the end.  For a contester with
origins in northern Canada and the west coast, operating 160M from W8JI is a
real treat.

Conditions/activity were excellent and similar on both days with extented, late
openings to Europe/Scandinavia and solid JA runs.   Decent propagation over the
pole with QSOâ??s in zones 17, 18 and 19 showing up in the log on Saturday
evening -- UN2, 7Z, A71, TA stand out.  I find that there is remarkable
patience on top band from many stations and especially the JAâ??s when asking
for multiple repeats to clarify call signs.  Its gratifying when all the hard
work pays off.

I appreciate all those who answered by calls and I apologize for any that I
missed on my end.   Thanks to Tom for the use of his station and being a
terrific host.

vy 73, Jim VE7ZO