[3830] CQ160 CW N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 14:44:57 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 8

Total:  QSOs = 285  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 4  Total Score = 34,874

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

So...I get up Saturday morning around 1230UTC to move my car out of the driveway
so my XYL can get her car out to go to work. I say to myself, self, we should
turn on the rig and check propagation on 160 for grey line. I turn the rig on
and HOLY SMOKE...There's a contest going on! I totally forgot about CQWW 160CW
this weekend!! Unfortunately, I had booked other activities for both Friday and
Saturday evenings, so my chair time was really limited.
>From what I could tell from my vantage point, the band sounded great. Even got
a chance to work 4 DX with my low hanging short dipoles and 100 watts.
I got a chance to break in a new/used 756 Pro3 for the first time, and it
played wonderfully. Huge improvement over the TS-2000, like night and day. I
think I actually worked some stations in that next layer or two that I never
heard before! Just wish I had remembered about the contest so I could have set
aside more quality time!!
Had lots of fun as usual on 160. Got close to WAS, but missed RI, ME, ID, WY,
DE and HI. I was amazed at KL7RA's signallate Saturday night early Sunday
moring. Worked on first call with goods sigs.

I better check the contest calander so I don't miss any others!

73 Gene N9TF

Station conditions: Icom 756 Pro3 100 watts, Alpha Delta DX-LB at 35' drooping
over roof and back yard.