[3830] CQ160 CW WO9S Single Op LP

To: Contest distribution <3830@contesting.com>, smc@w9smc.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WO9S Single Op LP
From: "Jonathan L. Rosner" <rosner@hep.uchicago.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:59:53 -0600 (CST)
                         CQ 160-Meter W. W. Contest

MODE: CW     CALL:  WO9S     STATE:  IL CLASS:  Single Operator LP

525 QSOs    1389 points    80 Multipliers = 111120 Claimed score
Rig:  FT990 (100 W)
Antennas: 1/4-wave half sloper toward NNE; loop toward EU for receive
Operators:  WO9S
Club competion: Society of Midwest Contesters

Amp was off-line this year but could work almost all stations I could hear
if there was no pileup.  Noise level is quite high here in the city, so
didn't have much of an opening to EU Sunday morning until just before
their sunrise.  Friday night was much better.  Running barefoot meant it
was harder to get a run going, so concentrated on S & P.  Worked all US
states except WY and HI.  Probably my best showing so far in this contest.
It did take some effort (19 hours) but was worth it.

This is to certify that in this contest I have operated my transmitter
within the limitations of my license and have observed fully the rules
and regulations of the contest.

Signature:  Jonathan L. Rosner     Call:  WO9S