[3830] CQ160 CW W1NN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W1NN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:01:09 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 25

Total:  QSOs = 989  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 39  Total Score = 256,310

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This would have been the #3 score for W/VE low power last year.  Probably won't
make the top 20 this year!

It's been a long time since I've been able to operate this event.  I'm almost
always out of the country in late January.  I picked a good year to operate!
Band was super quiet.

I was shooting for 1,000 Q's and only missed by 11.  Figured I'd be lucky if I
worked 20 countries, so I was very happy to almost double that number.  It was
real tough to be heard by most EU stations on Friday night but on Saturday I
got through to most stations on the first call.  There were many EU stations
calling CQ all over the band and the pileups were very small (on Saturday).  On
Friday I didn't even try to work the 6W but got him on the first call Saturday.

Easily worked 49 states, most multiple times.  Never heard WY.  Didn't SC used
to be rare?

32 dupes removed from the above total.

Ladder line-fed dipole @ 50' and an Omni VI.

73 & thanks for the fun!