[3830] CQ160 CW W3EF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W3EF@ARRL.NET
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W3EF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:26:52 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W3EF
Operator(s): W3EF
Station: W3EF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 29.5
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 905  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 51  Total Score = 320,976

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow...haven't been on for this contest in 7 years, but I clearly picked the
right year to return!  My two phased inverted Ls may be a bit crude but they
clearly worked, particularly since I bumped them each up to 4 elevated radials
this week and raised most of the radials to 16'.  Now most of the EU stuff I
can hear on the beverage I can actually work (some of it even before 0500Z).
As other have commented, some of it even called in!  Sweet!

I overslept Saturday morning and missed the grey line, but the rest of the
weekend was fine and the final 2 hours added a few points as well (in a vain
attempt to catch the scores of some who had already posted to 3830!).  Heard my
first ever JAs on 160, though I didn't work one.  Most interesting mult was
MM0XAU for the Shetland multiplier (on his grey line).  CE1/K7CA seemed weaker
than usual but I was very happy to snag him as well. Missed only Idaho for the
lower 48 (though I did hear it call someone) and never heard KH6, VE4, VO2, or
the YU/NT/NU trio.

Congratulations to WA1Z, K1EP, and anyone else who broke the old LP record.
Never thought I'd even be close, but I came within 10% of it.  Progress!

This is also the year I've switched to N1MM Logger.  It's superb.  I am still
working out the kinks in the operator though....

73 and cu in ARRL DX,

Maury  W3EF