[3830] CQ160 CW W1XX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1xx@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W1XX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 06:45:50 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W1XX
Operator(s): W1XX
Station: W1XX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 640  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 42  Total Score = 225,204

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

This contest was a blast!  I just got back on Top Band this fall after a hiatus
of several years....great timing!  It was great fun being one of very few
stations on from RI and thus on the receiving end of several huge pileups.
Late in the contest I even responded to a desperate station calling "CQ RI."
EU QSOs were easily workable from our sunset with EU signals at their sunrise
sounding like locals.  I like the rules' changes although my logging program
was not current on DX Qs....to be edited later from paper notes.  This contest
is now a MUST on my contest calendar.
-- John, W1XX

TX/RX:  FT-1000MP w/INRAD 400 Hz CW filter
Amp:  Drake L7 = 1 KW
TX Ant:  "T" Vertical with linear loading & LC with 16 1/4 wl radials
RX Ants:  2X W8JI 550-ft NE-SW Beverage
          288-ft W Beverage