[3830] XE RTTY KI6DY/0 SO1R LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ki6dy@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] XE RTTY KI6DY/0 SO1R LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 16:29:27 -0800 (PST)
                    Mexico RTTY International Contest

Call: KI6DY/0
Operator(s): KI6DY
Station: KI6DY

Class: SO1R LP
QTH: Kansas
Operating Time (hrs): 9

   80:   80  176     8
   40:   15   43     9
   20:  127  342    33
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:  222  561    50  Total Score = 28,050

Club:

Comments:

Just starting to get the station back in order after a major computer crash and
antenna problems. Was hoping to get this new project going last summer but some
unexpected life events sidetracked me. I am trying to get everything working via
soundcard now. No more HAL PCI-4000 and the KAM. Also having a new computer with
only USB ports and Vista doesn't make it any easier. I don't expect everything
to be in order until maybe Feb. NAQP or BARTG, but warm weather last weekend at
least let me get the antennas back in shape.

This weekend was just a casual, low power, single radio effort. Didn't even
have the buffers set until Friday night.

We will continue to play around in next week's WPX, but again unlikely to be a
full effort.

I really like the way the Mexican stations came out for their contest. I worked
a bunch of them and most of them were pretty loud here. Although I've only
played in this contest a few times, activity seemed to greater than my other
experiences.

Thought I may have heard something on 15M but nothing strong enough to copy.

80M had a very low noise level but wasn't hearing that well for some reason.

Good to see you all on the screen again. Expect more of me in the near future.
It feels good to be back, I missed it alot.

73 de Bob (KI6DY)