[3830] MnQP W0ZQ Mobile/Portable LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP W0ZQ Mobile/Portable LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 07:12:29 -0800 (PST)
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: W0ZQ
Operator(s): W0ZQ
Station: W0ZQ

Class: Mobile/Portable LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:     287
   40:     364
   20:     118
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
-------------------------
Total:     769       0  Mults = 81  Total Score = 124,578

Club:

Comments:

Weather on Saturday was a bit windy but with seasonal temperatures, so it was a
good day to be a rover in Minnesota!  As a solo-op, I stop to operate hence I
don't cover as many counties as the other two-man MnQP teams do.  This year I
designed a travel route that took me through 11 MN counties with just 92 miles
of driving therefore maximizing my operating time.  With the exception of the
first two stops in the morning, and the last stop in the evening, I cycled
through my three bands of 80, 40, and 20m from each stop.  I would have made it
to 20m at my morning stops too, but a blown fuse took me out of the action for
20 minutes and put me behind schedule for a while.  Many thanks to all the guys
who did find me on 20m.  Propagation seemed a wee bit better than last year, so
maybe this is a good sign for things to come.  When the MUF comes back 10/15/20
will be the big players and we will marvel at the "old" days when we made so
many contacts on the low bands from a mobile station.  If anyone needs a QSL
card, I'm good in QRZ, no LOTW.  Please look for W0ZQ/9 in the WiQP in a few
weeks.  Many thanks to everyone for all the Q's, it was a hoot!
73, Jon