[3830] NMQP KS5A Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ks5a@cox.net
Subject: [3830] NMQP KS5A Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 06:40:50 -0800 (PST)
                    New Mexico QSO Party

Call: KS5A
Operator(s): KS5A
Station: KS5A

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: Mobile
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:
   80:   19
   40:  162
   20:  191
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  372     0  Mults = 53  Total Score = 18,218

Club: Central Arizona DX Association

Comments:

Total score is is a rough guess with the sum of the individual county totals.
No bonus station Q's.  All CW mobile ops.

Due to the forecasted weather, this was a last minute operation.  I apologize
for the lack of route notification.  Catron County was to be last, but we
decided not to press our luck with snow in the mountains if we delayed til
Sunday afternoon .. so Catron was our first to run, and we played the rest of
the route by ear.  We worked our way to the central part of NM and then south
and southwest.  For the contest, the bad weather stayed at the home QTH and in
the AZ mountains.

I drove and operated.  The XYL logged about 90% of the contest.  Most ops were
on the fly except when we were about to leave a county with some still calling,
or we were to reverse route out of the county.  I'm sure I missed some who were
calling.  Hopefully, we made a contact later.  Thanks to all that followed us
around.  It was fun.

We ran 13 counties with QSO numbers ranging from 5 to 76.  We occasionally
checked 10 and 15 meters during the day.  Nothing heard out of the other QSO
Parties either. QSO rates dropped off on Sunday as we headed for home.

Special thanks to DL3DXX(4 Q's), DL8USA(2), G4RRA(2), HA7UG(2), IV3YER(1) and
LY2ZZ(2) for the DX multipliers/Q's.  Stations in the log with more than 5 Q's:
 W0GXQ (14), NU0Q(9), W4IHI(7), N7EIE(7), KD8HB(7), N9QS(7), N9JF(6).

Equipment:  Ford F-350 Diesel, IC-706MKIIG, 5 Hustlers mounted horizontally,
around a hub, atop a 7 foot mast, mounted on the toolbox.

Sorry, no LOTW or eQSL until those organizations simplify log uploads for
mobile operations.