[3830] RTTY WPX K8CC SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8cc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K8CC SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 21:17:30 -0800 (PST)
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K8CC
Operator(s): K8CC
Station: K8CC

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 14:34

   80:  112  203
   40:  182  378
   20:  111  189
   15:   34   64
   10:    0    0
-----------------
Total:  439  834  Prefixes = 219  Total Score = 182,646

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Equipment:
FT-1000D Xcvr, Homebrew 4-1000A & 3-1000Z amplifiers
MMTTY 1.65

Antennas:
80 - Dipole, 4-square
40 - Dipole, 2L, 3L
20 - 5L/5L, 4L
15 - 5L/5L/5L, 4L

My first time on RTTY in eleven years, and the first time I've ever operated
RTTY during a contest.  I could not devote the weekend to the contest, but
squeezed in operating time whenever possible between non-ham activities.

Got MMTTY running just two days before the contest, so I was still climbing
it's learning curve when the contest started.  My apologies to those stations
to whom I accidentally sent jibberish thru cockpit error.

A personal motivation for operating this contest was to work states on RTTY for
the ARRL Triple Play WAS award.  Even though WPX is not typically a venue for
working states, two hours after the contest was over I had 38 states confirmed
on RTTY in LoTW, an increase of 37 over what I had when the contest started.

The score shown was calculated on the basis of one point per QSO with
in-country stations, as per the published rules for this contest.  However,
there seems to be some indication that these should count two points each in
which case my final score would be 270,684.

Thanks for all the QSOs from this RTTY newbie!

73,

Dave/K8CC