[3830] ARRLDX CW W2IRT SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2irt@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W2IRT SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:20:59 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 27.3

  160:  100    58
   80:  130    65
   40:  247    80
   20:  409    90
   15:   77    44
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total:  968   339  Total Score = 984,456

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

This was a very enjoyable contest for me with nothing really going on at home to
pull me away from the rig. 80 and 160 were in great shape here both nights with
signals louder than I think I've ever heard from Europe and no QRN. 15 was a
real disappointment, however as was 10, with the result being everything
compacted onto 20 during daylight.

Not many surprises on the bands; unfortunately there was very little from Asia
and Africa, keeping the mults down. I think this was the first contest in a
while that I didn't break 100 entities on 20. One unexpected surprise was K5D
showing up on 40 in the last hour for one-last multiplier.

Luckily everything performed well with no incidents before or during the
contest; hardware and software were both up to the task and the weather was
cooperative, too--no need to have the tower cranked down due to high winds or
lightning as happened a couple of times last season.

Here's hoping the phone contest has some equally good openings on the low
bands, and maybe a little more activity on 15 and even 10.

73 to all and GO FRC!