[3830] ARRLDX CW OH4A M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kim.ostman@tut.fi
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OH4A M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:04:05 -0800 (PST)
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OH4A
Operator(s): OH1MLZ OH6KZP OH6LI
Station: OH4A

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Kisko
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:  141    30
   80:  345    46
   40:  506    52
   20:  975    57
   15:   45    19
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 2012   204  Total Score = 1,231,344

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

A fun contest with its highs and lows, as always.

Some of the bright spots were the nice low band propagation the first night and
being able to squeeze a small run and nearly 20 multipliers from a 15-meter band
that was next to dead at these latitudes.

Some of the dark spots were the bad low band propagation the second night and
being able to squeeze only about 20 multipliers from a 15-meter band that was
near to dead at these latitudes. Unfortunately 20 meters also closed relatively
early. Indeed, some are wondering whether we are entering another 70-year period
with little to no sunspots...

The decision was to enter the M/M category this time, and fortunately we were
able to break the old OH record and claim a new one with some margin. In large
part this was thanks to the low bands. Juha OH1MLZ was a valuable addition to
the team for a few hours on Saturday. Many thanks again to Jukka OH6LI and
Merja for their hospitality at their summer cottage.

73
Kim OH6KZP