[3830] ARRLDX CW HB9/NV1P M/S LP

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW HB9/NV1P M/S LP
From: kenlow7@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:00:06 -0500
??????????????????? ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: HB9/NV1P
Operator(s): NV1P, KB3RUO, KB3RUP
Station: HB9/NV1P

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Geneva, Switzerland
Operating Time (hrs): 8.2

? 160:??????????
?? 80:???2????? 2
?? 40:???32?? 13
?? 20:?? 47?? 20
?? 15:
?? 10:??????????
-------------------
Total:? 81?? 35? Total Score = 2,835

Comments:

Best contest ever, since this was the first time the 'next generation' got in on

the act.?? My two oldest sons,?Patrick KB3RUO (14) and?Kody KB3RUP (13)

had as much fun?building new?antennas as listening to the bands (Hey man -

.... molten solder is cool!)???When?the bands died down, we hit QRZ.com and?

studied General class?questions as a change of pace.?? A 'live' contest is a

great way to teach about propagation, geography?and?resonant frequencies.

?

Keyer broke the week before the contest, and we couldn't get N1MM Logger

to work on our computer with Vista O/S, so we 'roughed it'?with a borrowed

straight key from?a local ham friend and kept a log?in Excel.?? Kind of hard to

keep the rate up when you are hitting 'Edit' / 'Find' to check for dupes.?? Also

somewhat of an anticlimax going from a 180-hour on MorseRunner?to a
whopping 22-hour in real life :o)

?

Managed to squeak out 2 QSO's on 80 using the 40-meter dipole, but 15 and
10 had no chance to the US from here.?? Working N2IC in NM was a new long
distance record for us - thanks Steve!
?

Equipment

IC-735 @100W

10/12/15/17/20M Transworld TW2010 Traveller portable?vertical dipole
40M?Wire Dipole @20Ft
Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop with Excel, Rufz, MorseRunner and 'Morse the Cat'

Thanks for the Qs, and for being patient with our straight key and signal

down in the weeds.?? CU on SSB!

Ken, NV1P