[3830] NAQP RTTY KL7RA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KL7RA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 22:15:57 -0800 (PST)
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ALASKA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   26    15
   40:  104    35
   20:  377    52
   15:   17     5
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  524   107  Total Score = 56,068

Club:

Team:

Comments:

First serious RTTY contest for me. I used Win-test for logging but probably in a
"basic" way as this was my first contest using it. I had a list of notes to
cheat from. Used them more then once to unwind myself from a "log" jam now and
then.

I should have taken the time to set up SO2R as both 20 and 40 were runnable so
I left a lot of mults on the table. My main concern was just getting Q's in the
log when this project started.

Started at 1800z to catch 15 but should have delayed the start to end up in
darkness for 80. 100 watts wasn't enough to cut it for 15 today. 20 was
excellent and 40 got better and runnable once you found a freq. 80 and 100
watts from Alaska is not fun and I'm being polite.

And now back to root canal surgery and calling CQ on ssb 160. I quit nine times
so far. No one can hear me well. But I was loud a month ago in the CW segment.
Same station, same radio, different day.

73 Rich KL7RA   Somewhere in the noise on topband....with dittle
                tones in my ears. How long does this take to go away?