[3830] NAQP RTTY KI5XP(@W5WMU) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cfmorris@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KI5XP(@W5WMU) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 01:31:57 -0800 (PST)
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: KI5XP
Operator(s): KI5XP
Station: W5WMU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Lafayette, La
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:  178    43
   40:  388    50
   20:  332    47
   15:   14     7
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  913   148  Total Score = 135,124

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Team: LCC

Comments:

New atennas and a new outlook!  Pat's been busy as a bee with antenna projects
following the hurricanes this past year, and it showed.  15 meter antennas to
the NE, finally!  All were located on one tower that fell, so we're back on the
air.  Didnt seem like much there to call though.

40 as usual was the money band, but 80 came alive towards the end.  I had
troubles keeping a run on 20 for much longer then about 5 minutes or so.  At
one point, my rate had dropped to below 60 for both the short and long terms.
Roland NA5Q was the only all bander with 10M working for us as close as we are.

Only a handful of dupes and one B4 message.  Told him not in my log and he
worked me, could have saved the message.  Lots of people calling out of order,
and probably contributed to the dupes.

If the digital committee of the ARRL thinks that unattended Pactor stations
listen before coming up on frequency, I'd love to have them operate a NAQP in
the RTTY portion of 40 meters.  Had a great run on 40 going till one came up.
You've only got 2 choices, either move and try to find another hole, or tough
it out till it finally either gives up or completes its message.  These things
are a nuisance and should be outlawed or mandated to another portion of the
band.  They cause nothing but QRM when the bands are full.

Great contest overall, thanks to all who worked me and hope yall had as great a
time as I did!

Charlie
KI5XP