[3830] CQ160 SSB NX9T Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nx9t@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB NX9T Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 17:25:53 -0800 (PST)
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: NX9T
Operator(s): NX9T
Station: NX9T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 14

Total:  QSOs = 846  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 17  Total Score = 153,225

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had a great time again on 160 this year.  The band sure was jam-packed with
stations from bottom to top!  I "upped" my score this year even though I had to
spend a couple less hours operating.  I had a full weekend planned...son's
hockey, church, family "Movie Night", etc....but, all in all...got in for a
total of about 14 hours.  During this time, I was amazed by the number of
repeated dupes from the same stations.  I don't take the time to explain the
issue but just log them and move on but one station did work me 4 or 5 times
throughout the course of the contest :)  If those dupes were to count, I might
have outscored N4XD! Ron looks to be the NC station to best me this year.  It's
clear that I need to up my "dx-ability" as this year and last I had more q's
than the winner in NC but a slightly less score due to fewer 10 pointers.
Last year was the proverbial "heartbreaker" as my score was 129,900 and the
winner here was 129,948.  That ain't much!  Gotta get some beverages out in the
woods or something!!!

Thanks to all for the great fun and QSOs.

FT1000D (almost 17 years old now)
Single 3-500Z
Inverted V @ 70
Inverted L (Vertical section 75')